Monday 19 November 2012

300 Video from Saturday .....

For the gadget orientated amongst the readership, a small video I took on Saturday. 

I bought the hardware just to making boat tuning easier and more objective, after Sundays performance it's certainly required!  The combination of (i) video from a GoPro camera with (ii) GPS tracking data from a Speedpuck, is all done with a software package called Dashware (with loads of messing around to get into a time/size acceptable by Youtube). 

The clip starts at about 1:03 to the start gun.  Steve Cockerill has invited Rooster blog readers to send him video clips for analysis, but I can't bring myself to send it!




If you are taking part in the race training next year we will be able to video from a coaching boat with speed data from the GPS inside the dinghy.  I plan to do the same with some race sessions for the Youth and Junior sailors.

Never noticed that I sometimes cross my legs when hiking, might explain why my knees feel a bit sore this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment